How can I cancel my Iberia ticket and get a refund?
Whenever you book a flight with Iberia Airlines and you want to reschedule your booked itinerary due to a schedule delay, you can consult a customer service assistant. However, if there is a proposal to cancel your Iberia ticket, you should use the online and offline steps to cancel your itinerary. But before you learn how to cancel an Iberia ticket? You should understand the correct details about Iberia airlines cancellation policy and for this option you can read the section below for proper instructions.
- In accordance with Iberia’s cancellation policy, if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of purchase, you are entitled to a full refund.
- However, if the ticket is canceled after 24 hours, you should pay the cancellation fees that would correspond to the type of trip and route you booked.
- Additionally, if an Iberia ticket is canceled by the airline, you are entitled to a full refund of the ticket.
- In addition, if your flight with Iberia Airlines is canceled due to bad weather conditions or lack of staff, you will be offered a full refund or you can also receive e-vouchers for future travel.
Procedure for canceling an Iberia ticket:
- Open the official website of Iberia Airlines and log in to the account.
- Now select the manage my booking icon and enter the booking reference code along with the traveller’s last name.
- Click search and the ticket will appear on your screen.
- Next, select your ticket, tap the cancel icon and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, you need to describe the reason for cancellation in 1000 characters and click the submit button and you will receive a confirmation email.
How do I get a refund in Iberia?
To request a refund from Iberia Airlines for your canceled ticket, you must follow the online instructions below. But do you want information on how to get a refund in Iberia? You must first apply the refund policy points described in the section below.
- Let’s say you canceled your Iberia flight due to some medical emergency or illness. In this case, you will be refunded in full, but you must provide a medical certificate for reference.
- If your ticket was canceled by the airline due to a fault with the flight, you can get a full refund.
- Full refunds are offered if cancellation occurs within 24 hours of the passenger.
The Process To File A Refund Application at Iberia Airlines:
- Visit the official website of Iberia Airlines and then select my routes.
- Enter the booking reference code and the passenger’s surname.
- Get the ticket and click on the refund application icon and provide the details;
- First enter the trip type, class and ticket details.
- When done, select a list of reasons and then describe the reason for the refund in 1000 characters before this one.
- Click Submit to receive a confirmation email from the booking center summarizing your refund request.
Therefore, if after these modes you are still looking for further assistance regarding a refund or cancellation of a ticket, the next best option is to consult an available assistant at the Iberia airline service center.
Iberia Airlines Cancellation Policy
There are certain conditions when it comes to refunds when you plan to cancel your ticket. This part of the tutorial will guide you through all the necessary processes with regard to the same. In case passengers are unable to follow any of the sections in between, they can contact us at any time and we will provide you with a step-by-step guide.
- The 24 hour cancellation policy is something where passengers can get 100% refund if the ticket is booked 7 days before the airlines departure and the passenger cancels the ticket within 24 hours of booking.
- In case the airlines have delayed your flight by more than 5 hours, you can cancel your ticket at any time and request a 100% refund, no questions asked.
- In case the airlines cancel your flight and you decide not to use any alternative flight, then the airlines are also obliged to refund you 100% of the refunded amount in such cases.
- Sometimes there would be certain conditions or you might have booked a return ticket then you can follow the conditions and accordingly cancel your ticket and get a refund for the same.
- In case your close relative or one of the other members dies, you can always inform the airline and the airline will then reimburse the airline.
The process of getting compensation from Iberia Airlines
Once customers are well versed with airline policies, the next thing travelers would want to know about is the refund process. If so, then this part of the tutorial is the perfect guide for the same. In case passengers are unable to follow any of the sections in between, they can contact us at any time and we will provide you with a step-by-step guide.
- In case passengers booked through third party agents, customers would have to contact the specific agent directly and provide their PNR number. Agents would do the cancellation and process the refund to the customers account. However, it depends on the banks how much time they need to complete the refund process.
- In case you are one of those customers who booked through the official website, the refund will be automatically credited once the passenger has successfully canceled their flight. But after that it depends on the banks how much time they need to complete the refund process and the same will be reflected in the travelers account.
FAQs about Iberia Cancellations
Q1: How can I cancel my Iberia ticket?
After you have made a reservation with Iberia Airlines, but now for some reason you have to cancel an Iberia ticket and you also want to know in which situations you will be able to get a refund, you must be well aware of the cancellation conditions of the airline. However, there are also several ways in which you can cancel an Iberia ticket, which we will discuss further with more important details.
Q2: Can I cancel my Iberia ticket over the phone?
Yes, you can cancel your Iberia ticket by phone. It will take you less time and make sure you don’t have to go through any hassles. Just dial 1 (800) 772-4642, the customer service phone number, and provide all your ticket details so they can cancel your flight immediately.
Q3: What are Iberia Airlines’ cancellation policies?
There are some of the conditions that are part of the airline’s cancellation terms and some of them are listed below:
- If canceled within 24 hours of booking, the airline can get a full refund.
- Return tickets will be reimbursed by Iberia, just present the documents.
- Non-refundable tickets will not be eligible for a refund, but may incur applicable fees and government taxes.
- Any cancellations made due to health issues will be refunded.
- Cancellations due to illness or death at home may be reimbursed, but travelers must provide the required documents.
- If the airline has canceled your ticket due to some technical fault, overbooking, bird strike, weather conditions etc., they will compensate you and refund you the ticket amount.
- If your flight has been delayed for more than 2-3 hours, you can cancel the tickets and ask the airline for a refund with compensation.
- In case you missed your connecting flight due to persistent delays, you can request a refund with compensation.
Q4: How many hours before can I cancel the flight?
The ticket must be canceled no later than 3 hours before the scheduled flight. Even the flight can be canceled after you check in for the Iberia flight, but in both cases you have to pay the cancellation fees.
Q5: What is the cancellation fee with Iberia Airlines?
When we talk about the cancellation fee with Iberia Airlines, of course it has different costs for different classes, because the cancellation fees depend on the route, class and time of cancellation. First of all, you have to pay the Flex Fare fee: approx. €60. In the case of Flex, approximately €90 per Business Fare class, and there will be no charge for Business Flex.
Q6: How long will Iberia refunds take?
The time it takes to get your refund depends entirely on your payment method. If you paid for your ticket in cash or by card, it will take at least 15 to 21 days to get your refund. In case of online payment, it will take at least 7 to 10 days.
Q7: Does Iberia have a 24 hour cancellation policy?
Yes, if you canceled your flight within 24 hours of purchase, you do not have to pay cancellation fees.