Can I upgrade on KLM from Economy to Business?
If you booked with KLM in a hurry, you need to make some adjustments to have a comfortable flight experience. In this case, passengers can switch from economy class to business class. However, the upgrade and modification in the booking is subject to the availability of the flight class. To change a KLM ticket from economy to business, people have two options: either continue with it online through the official website or log into the airline’s mobile app. But before we proceed with the change process, let’s learn the terms and conditions to be followed under KLM’s upgrade policy.
KLM Upgrade Policy
- Passengers can upgrade their seats during online check-in at least 30 hours before departure or at one of the kiosks at the airport.
- People also have the option to continue upgrading from economy to business class by paying an upgrade fee for part of their journey.
- If passengers upgrade from economy class to business class, in that case the amount already paid by you will be deducted from the total amount of the business class seat.
- Even after upgrading your ticket to business class, KLM reserves the right to assign you a seat if you still need to select a seat. Passengers must also pay to select their preferred seat.
- If the passenger has chosen a seat directly by the emergency exit, even in this case the airlines reserve all rights to change the passenger’s seat in case of safety issues.
- Passengers must ensure that the full information provided by passengers at the time they upgrade is not speculative and is true as per their government approved documents.
- Seat upgrades can only be made by passengers in a higher class. May not change from business to economy class.
KLM seat upgrade process
- Visit the official website and go to the home page of www.klm.com.
- Click on ”My Journey” and list it in the top left corner of the home screen.
- Enter the ticket code and passenger name to continue.
- Once you get to your flight details, select the upgrade option.
- Select the upgrade option and indicate that you want to move your reservation from one class to another on the same flight.
- A seat map will appear on the screen where you have to search for availability.
- Choose a seat according to availability in the flight class you want to travel in.
- Fill in the necessary details that you are required to fill and in the next step you will be redirected to the payment page.
- Choose the mode in which you want to continue paying from Internet banking or via credit card.
- Please note that cash payment is not allowed at the time of upgrade.
- Once done, confirmation and tickets will be sent to your registered email.
Feel free to contact a customer service agent to understand how to upgrade your KLM ticket? But before that, please read the above information completely.