Aer Lingus Cancellation Policy
Aer Lingus is a very well-known airline based out of Ireland. This airline is one of the few top airlines that is known for being flexible in its policies to suit the needs and demands of passengers. It is very popular for its very flexible cancellation conditions. This airline has always set the industry standard really high and ensures that none of its passengers are ever dissatisfied with any of its services. Aer Lingus’ cancellation policy even during the COVID-related lockdown period has been very passenger-friendly, allowing it to easily retain its loyal passenger base.
Aer Lingus cancellation terms and conditions
The airline’s flexible cancellation policy is always a hot topic in the commercial aviation industry.
There are a few main points of this airline’s cancellation policy that you should not miss, they are:
- The cancellation policy of this airline depends on the type of fare booked by the passenger.
- To be eligible for a refund with this airline, you must cancel your flight reservation, if you have one, 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight with this airline.
- You will receive your money within 7 working days of your refund being approved if you are eligible. You will receive the money using the original payment method that you preferred when booking tickets with this airline. You will receive a notification by email, so you don’t have to worry at all.
- If the flights are on a multi-segment itinerary and it is cancelled, it is counted as a change and can sometimes lead to an increase in ticket prices for passengers.
These are some of the most important points to keep in mind when canceling a flight with this amazing airline.
Aer Lingus 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
Usually flights with this airline are non-refundable, so if you get a refund from Aer Lingus it’s a great feeling. The only exception to this is that flights to and from the United States of America are considered readily refundable on this airline. You can choose to cancel your flight reservation with this airline within 24 hours of booking your flight, then you can always get a full refund for the price of the ticket you purchased. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that the departure date must be at least 7 days after the ticket purchase date.
You can actually do this quite easily online through the official website of this airline. This way, you can easily take advantage of Aer Lingus’ 24-hour cancellation policy. Just go to the my trip section and enter the desired code along with the passenger’s last name and you’re done. You will be refunded within 7 to 10 business days to the original payment method. You will receive all required notifications by email.
Aer Lingus cancellation refunds by fare type
It depends on what type of fare you prefer than what type of refund you can get. So depending on the type of fare, your cancellation terms and process are different.
The types of tickets we discuss here are:
- Saver or Smart Fares
- Advantage, Air Space or Flex Fare
- Business fare
- Business Flex tariff
- Saver or Smart Fares
You cannot cancel your ticket with this fare type, as you will not receive a refund for this fare type. In this case, the only exception is that if you canceled the reservation within 24 hours of booking the flight of this airline and the scheduled departure is at least 7 days from the date of purchase of the ticket, then only you are entitled to a refund. In this case, you would have to pay a cancellation fee of $21 to actually cancel your flight reservation easily and without any hassles. It applies to every passenger who is present on your canceled ticket.
Advantage, Aer Space or Flex Fare: Cancellation policies are very flexible in this case. Just cancel the reservation at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight and you can enjoy a full refund without facing any hurdles. Therefore, sometimes when passengers are not sure about canceling their flight booking, they prefer this type of fare because it is very helpful in refunding money and they will not lose a big chunk of money.
Aer Lingus Business Fare: For this type of fare, you can cancel your flight booking with this airline at any time before the flight is scheduled to depart. Refunds are easily processed for this type of fare after deducting only 15 percent along with the required government levied taxes.
Aer Lingus Business Flex Fare: This fare type is the best when it comes to refunds. With this type of fare, you can cancel your flight reservation with this airline at any time before the scheduled departure of the flight and easily get a full refund.
Flight cancellation by Aer Lingus
There can be many issues that can cause this airline to cancel your flight.
The conditions under which this airline can cancel its flight are:
- It may be canceled due to any natural disaster or bad weather.
- There may be some emergency condition due to which this airline may cancel the flight.
- There may be some safety concerns due to which this airline may decide to cancel the flight.
- Lack of passengers can also sometimes be a reason for flight cancellation.
- A pilot can be unfit to fly and this can sometimes be a reason to cancel a flight.
- There may be some mechanical problems due to which the flight of this airline may be cancelled.
If this airline cancels a flight for any reason, they cover it very well. It provides an alternate flight or if you don’t need it, then this airline provides a large amount of compensation. Thanks to this, passengers are always satisfied with the services of this airline. If you have any further questions, get in touch with a live person at Aer Lingus and they will solve your problems easily and without hesitation.