Does Air New Zealand have a 24 hour cancellation policy?
Yes, Air New Zealand is a passenger-friendly airline that ensures hassle-free travel for both domestic and international passengers. It offers both online and offline cancellation mode. You as a passenger can submit a refund request at www.airnewzealand.com if you prefer to be online. You can only cancel your ticket during the validity period and you are entitled to a refund if you are eligible. The Aviation Authority does not offer refunds minus Air New Zealand’s cancellation fee if the ticket has expired. Refund requests take some time to process, but are usually approved within 7 to 10 business days. If the flight is canceled due to some untoward circumstance, it compensates the passenger by allowing them to book the next available route.
How to cancel an Air New Zealand ticket
Air New Zealand’s cancellation process is divided into three basic steps, including submitting a request, checking eligibility and receiving compensation under Air New Zealand’s refund policy. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open the official website of New Zealand
- Enter this link https://www.airnewzealand.com/ into your web browser
- Click on MANAGE BOOKING and the Manage Booking pop-up window will open
- Enter your RESERVATION NUMBER and ADDRESS
- Then click the CONTINUE icon
- Your itinerary will open
- Here you will see several options, including the option to cancel the ticket
- Select the CANCEL TICKET option and proceed to fill out the details
- A cancellation opening will open along with the cancellation fee
- Pay the fee and cancel the ticket
What are the cancellation policies for Air New Zealand tickets?
- If the flight is delayed by more than 3 hours, you can cancel it without paying a cancellation fee.
- If the airline cancels the flight due to bad weather, you will be able to book another flight.
- The aviation authority will offer you another flight if the current flight is canceled due to any technical problem.
- Your cancellation fee will depend on how soon you cancel your ticket.
Air New Zealand Refund Policy
- If you have a ticket with Global Flexi fares, you will receive a full refund; all Global Flexi fares are fully refundable if canceled at least 1 day before departure.
- If you upgrade from Global Sale/Global Saver to Global Flexi, you will be subject to the original cancellation fee.
- Fares other than economy class, premium economy and business class tickets are non-refundable.
Air New Zealand cancellation fee
- The cancellation fee is NZD 150 for economy class tickets
- The cancellation fee is NZD 200 for Premium Economy Class tickets
- The cancellation fee is NZD 250 for Business Premier Class tickets
- If you do not show up for your Global Flexi ticket, you must pay a change fee of NZD 300
The cancellation fee under Air New Zealand’s cancellation policy varies between $100 and $500 based on the type of ticket and time of cancellation. Valid for domestic and international flights. The passenger will be entitled to a full refund if they cancel within 24 hours. If you cancel your ticket within this period, you will be entitled to a refund within 3 working days.